Monday, July 23, 2018

Fried Tarukoy

Fried tarukoy

Its an Ilocano crab, at least as far as I know about tarukoy. The crablet is commonly found in the sandy part (usually white sands) of the sea shore that has white color.

The whitish sea crab commonly dig holes where they hang out. When not disturb, many of them came out from that holes and hang around the beach. I remember when we were children chasing them until they return to their holes or running to the waters.

And now they are good food. Because I saw this food during one of the occasion and learned this is recipe of one of the hotels there, I cannot detail how they made this gourmand recipe of crab. What I know is that its deep fried to crunchiness and dip with vinegar. Eat all you can, nothing left from feet to body. And has a good taste in fact the served in our table gone in 60 seconds that we need to call the waiter again.

But the crab itself is a raw food. People living in the seashore catch them and eat them alive. Exotic one? Maybe. People said the tastier taste of the crab especially when dip in vinegar with pepper.

I actually eaten one, raw, and I like the taste. I just don't know how to describe it. The shell and feet are softer and you can bite without the worry of hard shell.

Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment